7 CFR 225.14 - Requirements for sponsor participation.
(a)Applications. Sponsors shall make written application to the State agency to participate in the Program. Such application shall be made on a timely basis in accordance with the requirements of § 225.6(b)(1). Sponsors proposing to operate a site during an unanticipated school closure during the period from October through April (or at any time of the year in an area with a continuous school calendar) may be exempt, at the discretion of the State agency, from submitting a new application if they have participated in the program at any time during the current year or in either of the prior two calendar years.
(1) Public or nonprofit private school food authorities;
(2) Public or nonprofit private residential summer camps;
(3) Units of local, municipal, county, or State governments;
(1) Demonstrates financial and administrative capability for Program operations and accepts final financial and administrative responsibility for total Program operations at all sites at which it proposes to conduct a food service;
(2) Has not been seriously deficient in operating the Program;
(4) Has adequate supervisory and operational personnel for overall monitoring and management of each site, including adequate personnel to conduct the visits and reviews required in §§ 225.15(d) (2) and (3);
(d)Requirements specific to sponsor types.
(1) If the sponsor is a camp, it must certify that it will collect information on participants' eligibility to support its claim for reimbursement.
(2) If the sponsor administers the Program at sites that provide summer school sessions, it must ensure that these sites are open to children enrolled in summer school and to all children residing in the area served by the site.
(3) Sponsors which are units of local, municipal, county or State government, and sponsors which are private nonprofit organizations, will only be approved to administer the Program at sites where they have direct operational control. Operational control means that the sponsor shall be responsible for:
(4) If the sponsor administers homeless feeding sites, it must:
(ii) Provides ongoing year-round activities for children or families;
(iii) Demonstrates that the organization has adequate management and the fiscal capacity to operate the Program;
(iv) Is an organization described in section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 and exempt from taxation under 501(a) of that Code; and
(v) Meets applicable State and local health, safety, and sanitation standards.