7 CFR § 247.12 - Rights and responsibilities.
(a) What information regarding an individual's rights in CSFP must the local agency provide to the applicant? The local agency is responsible for informing the applicant, orally or in writing, of the following:
(1) The local agency will provide notification of a decision to deny or terminate CSFP benefits, and of an individual's right to appeal this decision by requesting a fair hearing, in accordance with § 247.33(a);
(2) The local agency will make nutrition education available to all participants and will encourage them to participate; and
(3) The local agency will provide information on other nutrition, health, or assistance programs, and make referrals as appropriate.
(b) What information regarding an individual's responsibilities in CSFP must the local agency provide to the applicant? In addition to the written statement required by § 247.8(b), the local agency is responsible for informing the applicant, orally or in writing, of the following:
(1) Improper use or receipt of CSFP benefits as a result of dual participation or other program violations may lead to a claim against the individual to recover the value of the benefits, and may lead to disqualification from CSFP; and
(2) Participants must report changes in household income or composition within 10 days after the change becomes known to the household.