7 CFR § 319.7-1 - Applying for a permit.
(a) Persons who wish to import regulated articles into the United States must apply for a permit, unless the regulated articles are not subject to a requirement under this part that a permit be issued prior to a consignment's arrival. An applicant for a permit to import regulated articles into the United States in accordance with this part must be:
(3) At least 18 years of age.
(b) Permit applications must be submitted by the applicant in writing or electronically through one of the means listed at http://www.aphis.usda.gov/plant_health/permits/index.shtml in advance of the action(s) proposed on the permit application.
(3) Specific type of regulated article (common and scientific names, if applicable);
(4) Country of origin;
(6) Intended port(s) of first arrival; and
(7) A description of any processing, treatment, or handling of the regulated article to be performed prior to or following importation, including the location where any processing or treatment was or will be performed and the names and dosage of any chemical employed in treatments of the regulated article.
(1) Means of conveyance;
(2) Quantity of the regulated article;
(3) Estimated date of arrival;
(4) Name, address, and contact information of any broker or subsequent custodian of the regulated article;
(1) If, through no fault of the importer, a consignment of regulated articles subject to a requirement under this part that a permit be issued prior to a consignment's arrival arrives at a U.S. port before a permit is received, the consignment may be held, under suitable safeguards prescribed by the inspector, in custody at the risk and expense of the importer pending issuance of a permit or authorization from APHIS.
(i) All applicable entry requirements are met;