7 CFR § 32.400 - Samples of grease mohair grades; method of obtaining.
Samples certified as representative of the official standards of the United States for grades of grease mohair will be furnished as follows, subject to other conditions of this section, upon filing of an approved application and prepayment of the costs thereof as fixed in § 32.401. The certification will be issued by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and will be signed by the Director of the Livestock Division or other duly authorized official.
(a) Samples representative of each of the standard grades of grease mohair:
(1) Complete set. Ten certified samples of grease mohair, grades 40s through 18s.
(2) Individual sample. Individual certified samples of grease mohair.
(b) Each application for standard samples of grease mohair shall be upon an application form furnished or approved by the Consumer and Marketing Service, shall be signed by the applicant, and shall be accompanied by certified check, draft, post office money order, or express money order, payable to the “Agricultural Marketing Service,” in an amount to cover the cost of the samples requested, and shall incorporate the following agreement.
(1) That no samples representative of the official grease mohair standards shall be considered or used as representing such standards after cancellation in accordance with this section.
(2) That the said standard samples shall be subject to inspection by the Secretary or by any duly authorized officer or agent of the Department of Agriculture during usual business hours of the person having custody of the samples.
(3) That the certificate covering any of the samples representative of the standards may be revoked and canceled by the Director of the Livestock Division, if it is found upon such inspection that the said samples are not representative of the official standards.
A certified sample consists of grease mohair randomly selected from a bulk sample. The measured average and standard deviation of fiber diameter of bulk sample were within the limits corresponding to the grade of the standard sample as set forth in the voluntary U.S. grade standards. Copies of the voluntary U.S. grade standards can be obtained from Director, Livestock and Seed Division, Agricultural Marketing Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, P.O. Box 96456, Washington, DC 20090-6456.