7 CFR 400.209 - Electronic transmission and receiving system.
Any Contractor under the Contract is required to:
(a) Adopt a plan for the purpose of transmitting and receiving electronically, information to and from the Corporation concerning the original executed crop insurance documents;
(b) Maintain an electronic system which must be tested and approved by the Corporation;
(c) Maintain Corporation approval of the electronic system as a condition to the electronic transmission and reception of data by the Contractor;
(d) Utilize the Corporation approved automated data processing and electronic data transmission capabilities to process crop insurance documents as required herein; and
(e) Establish and maintain the electronic equipment and computer software program capability to:
(1) Receive and store actuarial data electronically via telecommunications utilizing 3780 protocol and utilizing a BELL 208B or compatible modem at 4800 bits per second (bps);
(2) Enter and store information from original crop insurance documents into electronic format;
(3) Verify electronically stored information recorded from crop insurance documents with electronically stored actuarial information;
(4) Compute and print the data elements in the Summary of Protection;
(5) Transmit crop insurance data electronically, via 3780 protocol utilizing a BELL 208B or compatible modem at 4800 bps;
(6) Receive electronic acknowledgements, error messages, and other data via 3780 protocol utilizing a BELL 208B or compatible modem at 4800 bps, and relate error messages to original crop insurance documents; and
(7) Store backup data and physical documents.
Title 7 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 7 CFR Part 400 after this date.