(a) An insured may request policy cancellation for the crop year for which the insured filed a CCC 441 for the applicable crop year if written documentation is provided, signed by an authorized Agricultural Stabilization and Conservation Service official, certifying the cancellation is based on one of the following conditions:
(1) Insurance was not a condition of eligibility for disaster payment, based on one or more of the statutory criteria; or
(2) the producer withdrew his application for disaster payments with prejudice or it was rejected by Commodity Credit Corporation;
(b) Cancellation requests must be received in writing no later than three weeks after the date:
(1) The disaster payment check is issued; or
(2) The producer is notified that an application for disaster payment has been rejected; or
(3) The producer withdraws from the disaster payment program.
(c) Carryover policies are not available for mutual consent cancellation. Crop insurance applications dated before the disaster cancellation date (available in the insureds' service office) are not eligible for mutual consent cancellations.
[57 FR 56438, Nov. 30, 1992, as amended at 58 FR 67304, Dec. 21, 1993]
Title 7 published on 2014-01-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 7.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.