7 CFR 4280.139 - Selecting RES and EEI guaranteed loan-only applications for award.
Complete and eligible guaranteed loan-only applications that are ready to be approved will be processed according to this section, unless otherwise modified by the Agency in a notice published in the Federal Register. Guaranteed loan applications that are part of a grant-guaranteed loan combination request will be processed according to § 4280.165(d).
(a)Competing applications. On a periodic basis, the Agency will compete each eligible application that is ready to be funded and that has a priority score, as determined under § 4280.135, that meets or exceeds the applicable minimum score. Higher scoring applications will receive first consideration. An application that does not meet the minimum score will be competed as provided in paragraph (c)(2) of this section.
(b)Funding selected applications. As applications are funded, the remaining guaranteed funding authority may be insufficient to fund the next highest scoring application or applications in those cases where two or more applications receive the same priority score. The procedures described in paragraphs (b)(1) and (2) of this section may be repeated as necessary in order to consider all applications as appropriate.
(1) If the remaining funds are insufficient to fund the next highest scoring project completely, the Agency will notify the lender and offer the lender the opportunity to accept the level of funds available. If the lender does not accept the offer, the Agency will process the next highest scoring application.
(2) If the remaining funds are insufficient to fund each project that receives the same priority score, the Agency will notify each lender and offer the lenders the opportunity to accept the level of funds available and the level of funds the Agency offers to each such lender will be proportional to the amount of the lenders' requests. If funds are still remaining, the Agency may consider funding the next highest scoring project.
(3) Any lender offered less than the full amount requested under either paragraph (b)(1) or (2) of this section may either accept the funds available or can request to compete in the next competition. Under no circumstances would there be an assurance that the project(s) would be funded in subsequent competitions.
(4) If a lender agrees to the lower loan funding offered by the Agency under either paragraph (b)(1) or (2) of this section, the lender must certify that the purpose(s) of the project can still be met at the lower funding level and must provide documentation that the borrower has obtain the remaining total funds needed to complete the project.
(c)Handling of ranked applications not funded. How the Agency disposes of ranked applications that have not received funding depends on whether the application's priority score is equal to or greater than the minimum score or is less than the minimum score.
(1) An application with a priority score equal to or greater than the minimum score that is not funded in a periodic competition will be retained by the Agency for consideration in subsequent competitions. If an application is not selected for funding after 12 months, including the first month in which the application was competed, the application will be withdrawn by the Agency from further funding consideration.
(2) An application with a priority score less than the applicable minimum priority score will be competed against all other guaranteed loan-only applications in a National competition on the first business day of September of the Federal Fiscal Year in which the application is ready for funding. If the application is not funded, the application will be withdrawn by the Agency from further funding consideration.
(d)Unused funding. After each periodic competition, the Agency will roll any remaining guaranteed funding authority into the next competition. At the end of each Federal Fiscal Year, the Agency may elect at its discretion to allow any remaining multi-year funds to be carried over to the next Federal Fiscal Year rather than selecting a lower scoring application.
(e)Commencement of the project. The Applicant assumes all risks if the choice is made to purchase the technology proposed or start construction of the project to be financed in the guaranteed loan-only application after the Complete Application has been received by the Agency, but prior to award announcement.
Title 7 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 7 CFR Part 4280 after this date.