(c)Legal authority and responsibility. Each applicant must have, or obtain, the legal authority necessary to carry out the purpose of the grant.
Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.
§ 4280.186 Applicant eligibility.
To be eligible for an Energy Audit grant or a REDA grant under this subpart, the Applicant must meet each of the criteria, as applicable, specified in paragraphs (a) through (d) of this section. The Agency will determine an Applicant's eligibility.
(a) The Applicant must be one of the following:
(1) A unit of State, Tribal, or local government;
(2) A land-grant college or university, or other Institution of Higher Education;
(3) A rural electric cooperative;
(4) A Public Power Entity;
(5) An Instrumentality of a State, Tribal, or local government; or
(6) A Council.
(b) The Applicant must have sufficient capacity to perform the Energy Audit or REDA activities proposed in the application to ensure success. The Agency will make this assessment based on the information provided in the application.
(c) The Applicant must have the legal authority necessary to apply for and carry out the purpose of the grant.
(d) The Applicant must:
(1) Be registered in the SAM prior to submitting an application;
(2) Maintain an active SAM registration with current information at all times during which it has an active Federal award or an application under consideration by the Agency; and
(3) Provide its DUNS number in each application it submits to the Agency. Generally, the DUNS number is included on Standard Form-424.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.