7 CFR 4280.188 - Grant funding for energy audit and renewable energy development assistance.
(a) Maximum grant amount. The maximum aggregate amount of Energy Audit and REDA grants awarded to any one recipient under this subpart cannot exceed $100,000 in a Federal Fiscal Year. Grant funds awarded for Energy Audit and REDA projects may be used only to pay Eligible Project Costs, as described in paragraph (b) of this section. Ineligible project costs are listed in paragraph (c) of this section.
(b) Eligible project costs. Eligible Project Costs for Energy Audits and Renewable Energy Development Assistance are those costs incurred after the date a Complete Application has been received by the Agency and that are directly related to conducting and promoting Energy Audits and REDA, which include but are not limited to:
(2) Travel expenses;
(3) Office supplies (e.g., paper, pens, file folders); and
(4) Expenses charged as a direct cost or as an indirect cost of up to a maximum of 5 percent for administering the grant.
(c) Ineligible project costs. Ineligible project costs for Energy Audit and REDA grants include, but are not limited to:
(1) Payment for any construction-related activities;
(2) Purchase or lease of equipment;
(3) Payment of any judgment or debt owed to the United States;
(4) Any goods or services provided by a person or entity who has a conflict of interest as provided in § 4280.106;
(5) Any costs of preparing the application package for funding under this subpart; and
(6) Funding of political or lobbying activities.
(d) Energy audits. A grantee that conducts an Energy Audit must require that, as a condition of providing the Energy Audit, the Agricultural Producer or Rural Small Business pay at least 25 percent of the cost of the Energy Audit. Further, the amount paid by the Agricultural Producer or Rural Small Business will be retained by the grantee as a contribution towards the cost of the Energy Audit and considered program income. The grantee may use the program income to further the objectives of their project or Energy Audit services offered during the grant period in accordance with Departmental Regulations.
Title 7 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 7 CFR Part 4280 after this date.