7 CFR 636.9 - Cost-share agreements.
(b) A WHIP cost-share agreement will:
(1) Incorporate the WHIP plan of operations;
(2) Be for a time period agreed to by the participant and NRCS, with a minimum duration of one year after the completion of conservation activities identified in the WHIP plan of operations and a maximum of 10 years, except for agreements entered into under paragraph (c) of this section;
(3) Include all provisions as required by law or statute;
(5) Be signed by the participant;
(7) Include an O&M agreement that describes the O&M for each conservation activity and the agency expectation that WHIP-funded conservation activities will be operated and maintained for their expected lifespan; and
(8) Include any other provision determined necessary or appropriate by the NRCS representative.
(c) Notwithstanding any limitation of this part, NRCS may enter into a long-term cost-share agreement that:
(1) Is for a term of at least 15 years;
(2) Protects and restores essential plant or animal habitat, as determined by NRCS; and