7 CFR 762.123 - Insurance and farm inspection requirements.

§ 762.123 Insurance and farm inspection requirements.


(1) Lenders must require borrowers to maintain adequate property, public liability, and crop insurance to protect the lender and Government's interests.

(2) By loan closing, applicants must either:

(i) Obtain at least the catastrophic risk protection (CAT) level of crop insurance coverage, if available, for each crop of economic significance, as defined by part 402 of this title, or

(ii) Waive eligibility for emergency crop loss assistance in connection with the uninsured crop. EM loan assistance under part 764 of this chapter is not considered emergency crop loss assistance for purposes of this waiver and execution of the waiver does not render the borrower ineligible for EM loans.

(3) Applicants must purchase flood insurance if buildings are or will be located in a special flood hazard area as defined by FEMA flood hazard area maps and if flood insurance is available.

(4) Insurance, including crop insurance, must be obtained as required by the lender or the Agency based on the strengths and weaknesses of the loan.

(b)Farm inspections. Before submitting an application the lender must make an inspection of the farm to assess the suitability of the farm and to determine any development that is needed to make it a suitable farm.

[ 64 FR 7378, Feb. 12, 1999, as amended at 70 FR 56107, Sept. 26, 2005; 72 FR 63297, Nov. 8, 2007]

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code
U.S. Code: Title 7 - AGRICULTURE