Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.
§ 905.142 Animal feed.
(a) The handling of citrus for animal feed shall be exempt from the provisions of §§ 905.52 and 905.53 and the regulations issued thereunder under the following conditions:
(1) The handler notifies the committee each fiscal period, prior to such handling of his/her intention to handle such fruit, the quantity he/she anticipates handling and the destination point of each lot of fruit and receives from the committee a special shipping permit for the shipment;
(2) The fruit is used for animal feed and is not offered for resale, disposed of, or in any way handled so as to enter fresh fruit channels;
(3) The quantity does not exceed 1,000
4/5 bushel cartons per fiscal period or such other quantity as may be specified by the committee;
(4) The fruit is placed in containers of uniform capacity; and
(5) Each shipment is certified by the Federal-State Inspection Service as to the quantity shipped.