7 CFR 946.50 - Marketing policy.
(a) Prior to each marketing season, the committee shall consider and prepare a policy statement for the marketing of potatoes. In developing its marketing policy, the committee shall investigate relevant supply and demand conditions for potatoes. In such investigations, the committee shall give appropriate considerations to the following:
(1) Market prices of potatoes, including prices by grade, size, quality, and maturity in different packs of fresh potatoes and of the various forms of processed potatoes;
(2) Supplies of potatoes by grade, size, quality, and maturity in the production area and in other production areas, of fresh potatoes, and the supplies of various forms of processed potatoes;
(3) The trend and level of consumer income;
(4) Establishing and maintaining orderly marketing conditions for potatoes;
(5) Orderly marketing of potatoes as will be in the public interest; and
(6) Other relevant factors.
(b) In the event it becomes advisable to deviate from such marketing policy because of changed supply and demand conditions, the committee shall formulate a revised marketing policy statement in accordance with the appropriate considerations in paragraph (a) of this section.
(c) The committee shall submit a report to the Secretary setting forth such marketing policy. Notice of each such marketing policy and any revision thereof shall be given to producers, handlers, and other interested parties by bulletins, newspapers, or other appropriate media, and copies thereof shall be available for examination at the committee office to all interested parties.