7 CFR 956.50 - Research and development.
(a) The committee, with the approval of the Secretary, may establish or provide for the establishment of production research, marketing research and development, and marketing promotion projects, including paid advertising, designed to assist, improve, or promote the marketing, distribution, consumption, or efficient production of Walla Walla Sweet Onions. Any such project for the promotion and advertising of Walla Walla Sweet Onions may utilize an identifying mark, including but not limited to registered trademarks and logos, which shall be made available for use by all handlers in accordance with such terms and conditions as the committee, with the approval of the Secretary, may prescribe. The committee may register such logos with the Commissioner of Patents and Trademarks, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. The expense of such projects shall be paid from funds collected pursuant to §§ 956.42 and 956.45.
(b) In recommending projects pursuant to this section, the committee shall give consideration to the following:
(1) The expected supply of Walla Walla Sweet Onions in relation to market requirements;
(2) The supply situation among competing onion areas and communities;
(3) The anticipated benefits from such projects in relation to their costs;
(4) The need for marketing research with respect to any market development activity; and
(5) Other relevant factors.
(1) Its recommendations as to the funds to be obtained pursuant to §§ 956.42 and 956.45;
(2) Its recommendations as to any research projects; and
(3) Its recommendations as to promotion activity and paid advertising.
(e) All marketing promotion activity engaged in by the committee, including paid advertising, shall be subject to the following terms and conditions:
(1) No marketing promotion, including paid advertising, shall refer to any private brand, private trademark, or private trade name;
(2) No promotion or advertising shall disparage the quality, use, value, or sale of like or any other agricultural commodity or product, and no false or unwarranted claims shall be made in connection with the product; and
(3) No promotion or advertising shall be undertaken without reason to believe that returns to producers will be improved by such activity.
Title 7 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 7 CFR Part 956 after this date.