7 CFR 959.50 - Marketing policy.
(a) At the beginning of each season, and as the Secretary may require, the committee shall prepare a marketing policy. Such policy shall indicate the data on onion supplies and demand on which the committee bases its judgments and recommendations. It shall indicate also the kind or types of regulations contemplated during the ensuing season, and, to the extent practical, shall include recommendations for specific regulations. Notice of such marketing policy shall be given to producers, handlers, and other interested parties by bulletins, newspapers, or other appropriate media, and copies thereof shall be submitted to the Secretary and shall be available generally.
(b) Marketing policy statements relating to recommendations for regulations shall give appropriate consideration to onion supplies for the season, with special consideration to:
(1) Estimates of total supplies, including grade, size, and quality thereof, in the production area;
(2) Estimates of supplies in the competing areas;
(3) Market prices by grades, sizes, containers, and packs;
(4) Estimates of supplies of competing commodities;
(5) Anticipated marketing problems;
(6) Level and trend of consumer income; and
(7) Other relevant factors.
Title 7 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 7 CFR Part 959 after this date.