7 CFR 984.48 - Marketing estimates and recommendations.
(a) Each marketing year the Board shall hold a meeting, prior to October 20, for the purpose of recommending to the Secretary a marketing policy for such year. Each year such recommendation shall be adopted by the affirmative vote of at least 60% of the Board and shall include the following, and where applicable, on a kernelweight basis:
(3) Its estimate of the merchantable and substandard walnuts in the production;
(4) The Board's estimate of the trade demand for such marketing year for shelled and inshell walnuts, taking into consideration trade inventory, imports, prices, competing nut supplies, and other factors;
(6) Its recommendation as to the free and reserve percentages to be established for walnuts;
(8) Its opinion as to whether grower prices are likely to exceed parity; and
(9) Its recommendation for change, if any, in grade and size regulations.