7 CFR 984.48 - Marketing estimates and recommendations.
(a) Each marketing year the Board shall hold a meeting, prior to October 20, for the purpose of recommending to the Secretary a marketing policy for such year. Each year such recommendation shall be adopted by the affirmative vote of at least 60% of the Board and shall include the following, and where applicable, on a kernelweight basis:
(1) Its estimate of the orchard-run production in the area of production for the marketing year;
(2) The Board's estimate of the handler inventory on September 1 of inshell and shelled walnuts;
(3) Its estimate of the merchantable and substandard walnuts in the production;
(4) The Board's estimate of the trade demand for such marketing year for shelled and inshell walnuts, taking into consideration trade inventory, imports, prices, competing nut supplies, and other factors;
(5) The Board's recommendation for desirable handler inventory of inshell and shelled walnuts on August 31 of each marketing year;
(6) Its recommendation as to the free and reserve percentages to be established for walnuts;
(7) Its recommendation of the percentage of reserve walnuts that may be exported pursuant to § 984.56, when it determines that the quantity of reserve walnuts that may be exported should be limited;
(8) Its opinion as to whether grower prices are likely to exceed parity; and
(9) Its recommendation for change, if any, in grade and size regulations.
Title 7 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 7 CFR Part 984 after this date.