§ 987.34 Development.
As early as practicable, but no later than October 31, the Committee shall prepare and submit to the Secretary, a report setting forth its marketing policy, including data on which it is based, by variety, for regulation of dates in the crop year.
(a) The committee shall consider such factors as:
(1) The estimated production of dates during the crop year;
(2) The estimated production of DAC dates, export dates, and product dates;
(3) The handler carryin on October 1 of dates of those qualities;
(4) The estimated trade demand in each outlet during the crop year; and
(5) The desirable carryout, by outlet.
(b) If dates to be handled as free dates are not synonymous with those to be handled in DAC outlets, the Committee shall consider such additional factors as:
(1) The supply of marketable dates that will be available from the estimated production, and from the October 1 carryin, that could be used as free dates, and
(2) The estimated trade demand for free dates during the current crop year, and the desirable carryout for free dates.
(c) The Committee shall submit its recommendation as to grade, size, and container regulations and its recommendation whether free and restricted percentages should be established and if so, the free and restricted percentages and the appropriate withholding factor.