7 CFR 989.401 - Payments for services performed with respect to reserve tonnage raisins.
(a) Payment for crop year of acquisition -
(1) Receiving, storing, fumigating, and handling. Each handler shall be compensated at a rate of $46 per ton (natural condition weight at the time of acquisition) for receiving, storing, fumigating, and handling the reserve tonnage raisins, as determined by the final reserve tonnage percentage, acquired during a particular crop year and held by the handler for the account of the Committee during all or any part of the same crop year.
(2) Inspection. Each handler shall be reimbursed by the Committee for inspection costs applicable to the reserve tonnage raisins, as determined by the final reserve tonnage percentage, received and held by him for the account of the Committee. Such payment shall be made at the currently applicable rate per ton paid by such handler to the Inspection Service and on the quantity reported by the handler. The Committee shall pay the cost of any inspection required by it of such reserve tonnage raisins while they are being held for its account: Provided, That the cost of inspection of any raisins substituted, pursuant to § 989.66(b)(3), by a handler for such reserve tonnage raisins, or which he received by transfer from another handler by purchasing, as permitted pursuant to § 989.166, a portion or all of such other handler's share of an offer, shall be borne by the handler and shall not be reimbursed to him by the Committee.
(b) Additional payment for reserve tonnage raisins held beyond the crop year of acquisition. Additional payment for reserve tonnage raisins held beyond the crop year of acquisition shall be made in accordance with this paragraph. Each handler holding such raisins for the account of the Committee on August 1 shall be compensated for storing, handling, and fumigating such raisins at the rate of $2.30 per ton per month, or any part thereof, between August 1 and October 31, and at the rate of $1.18 per ton per month, or any part thereof, between November 1 and July 31: Provided, That handlers holding 2002-03 Natural (sun-dried) Seedless reserve raisins on August 1, 2003, that are intended for use as cattle feed shall be compensated for storing, handling, and fumigating such raisins at the rate of $2.30 per ton per month, or any part thereof, between September 13 and October 31, 2003, and at the rate of $1.18 per ton per month, or any part thereof, between November 1, 2003, and July 31, 2004. Such services shall be completed so that the Committee is assured that the raisins are maintained in good condition.
(c) Payment of rental on boxes and bins containing raisins held beyond the crop year of acquisition. Payment of rental on boxes and bins containing reserve tonnage raisins held beyond the crop year of acquisition shall be made in accordance with this paragraph. Each handler, producer, dehydrator, and other person who furnishes boxes or bins in which such raisins are held for the account of the Committee on August 1, shall be compensated for the use of such boxes and bins: Provided, That persons holding 2002-03 Natural (sun-dried) Seedless reserve raisins on September 13, 2003, that are intended for use as cattle feed shall be compensated for the use of such boxes and bins, and that no compensation shall be accrued for such raisins held between August 1 and September 12, 2003. The rate of compensation shall be: For boxes, two and one-half cents per day, not to exceed a total payment of $1 per box per year, per average net weight of raisins in a sweatbox, with equivalent rates for raisins in boxes other than sweatboxes; and for bins 20 cents per day per bin, not to exceed a total of $10 per bin per year. For purposes of this paragraph, box means any container with a capacity of less than 1,000 pounds, and bin means any container with a capacity of 1,000 pounds or more. The average net weight of raisins in each type of box shall be the industry average as computed by the Committee for the box in which the raisins are so held. No further compensation shall be paid unless the raisins are so held in the boxes on the succeeding August 1.
(d) Payment for other services -
(1) General. In addition to the payments provided in paragraphs (a), (b), and (c) of this section, handlers shall be compensated for other services performed with respect to reserve tonnage raisins as set forth in this paragraph.
(2) Transportation. The Committee may arrange with any handler for transporting reserve tonnage raisins. Payment for such transportation shall be based on then prevailing haulage rates within the production area for the type of transportation required.
(3) Packing. A handler who accepts an offer by the Committee to pack reserve tonnage raisins for its account shall be compensated for such packing in an amount determined by or acceptable to the Committee. In considering the amount of compensation to be paid, the Committee shall take into account, among other factors, the particular varietal type of raisins to be packed, the particular pack or package required, and the quantity and quality of the raisins to be packed.
(4) Redelivery. In the event the Committee removes reserve tonnage raisins of a previous crop year from a handler upon the request provided for in § 989.66(f) and such handler subsequently desires redelivery to him of reserve tonnage raisins for contract packing, or other purpose, he shall reimburse the Committee in advance of such redelivery for the net costs to it of the removal, storage, and redelivery of such raisins: Provided, That the Committee may waive payment by the handler of part or all of such costs if it determines that such waiver is reasonably necessary to the prompt and favorable disposition of the raisins involved.
Title 7 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 7 CFR Part 989 after this date.