9 CFR 130.50 - Payment of user fees.
(a)Who must pay APHIS user fees? Any person for whom a service is provided related to the importation, entry, or exportation of an animal, article, or means of conveyance or related to veterinary diagnostics, and any person requesting such service, shall be jointly and severally liable for payment of fees assessed.
(b)Associated charges -
(1)Reservation fee. Any reservation fee paid by an importer under part 93 of this chapter will be applied to the APHIS user fees specified in §§ 130.2 and 130.3 for animals or birds quarantined in an animal import center.
(2)Special handling expenses. The user fees in this part do not include any costs that may be incurred due to special mail handling, including, but not limited to, express, overnight, or foreign mailing. If any service requires special mail handling, the user must pay all costs incurred, in addition to the user fee for the service.
(3)When do I pay an additional amount for employee(s) working overtime? You must pay an additional amount if you need an APHIS employee to work on a Sunday, on a holiday, or at any time outside the normal tour of duty of that employee. You pay the amount specified in paragraphs (b)(3) (i), (ii), or (iii) as relevant, for each employee needed to get the work done.
(i)What additional amount do I pay if I receive a flat rate user fee service? In addition to the flat rate user fee(s), you pay the overtime rate listed in the following table for each employee needed to get the work done:
Overtime for Flat Rate User Fees 12
|Outside of the employee's normal tour of duty||Overtime rates (per hour)|
|Nov. 2, 2015-Sept. 30, 2016||Oct. 1, 2016-Sept. 30, 2017||Beginning
Oct. 1, 2017
|Rate for inspection, testing, certification or quarantine of animals, animal products or other commodities 3||Monday-Saturday and holidays
|Rate for commercial airline inspection services 4||Monday-Saturday and holidays
1 Minimum charge of 2 hours, unless performed on the employee's regular workday and performed in direct continuation of the regular workday or begun within an hour of the regular workday.
2 When the 2-hour minimum applies, you may need to pay commuted travel time. (See § 97.1(b) of this chapter for specific information about commuted travel time.)
4 See § 97.1(a)(3) of this chapter for details.
(ii)What amount do I pay if I receive an hourly rate user fee service? Instead of paying the normal hourly rate user fee under § 130.30(a), you pay the premium rate listed in § 130.30(b) for each employee needed to get the work done.
(iii) For information on rules pertaining to the charges associated with employees of U.S. Customs and Border Protection performing agricultural inspection services, please see 7 CFR 354.1 and 9 CFR 97.1.
(c)When are APHIS user fees due? -
(1)Animal and bird quarantine and related tests. User fees specified in §§ 130.2, 130.3, 130.5, 130.10, and tests specified in §§ 130.14 through 130.19 for animals and birds in an Animal Import Center or privately operated permanent or temporary import quarantine facilities, including user fees for tests conducted on these animals or birds, must be paid prior to the release of those animals or birds from quarantine.
(2)Supervision and inspection services for export animals, animal products. User fees for supervision and inspection services specified in § 130.30 must be paid when billed, or, if covered by a compliance agreement signed in accordance with this chapter, must be paid when specified in the agreement.
(3)Export health certificates. User fees for export health certificates specified in § 130.20 must be paid prior to receipt of endorsed certificates unless APHIS determines that the user has established an acceptable credit history, at which time payment may, at the option of the user, be made when billed.
(4)Veterinary diagnostics. User fees specified in §§ 130.14 through 130.19 for veterinary diagnostic services, such as tests on samples submitted to NVSL or FADDL, diagnostic reagents, slide sets, tissue sets, and other veterinary diagnostic services, must be paid when the veterinary diagnostic service is requested, unless APHIS determines that the user has established an acceptable credit history, at which time payment may, at the option of the user, be made when billed.
(5)Other user fee services. User fees specified in §§ 130.6, 130.7, 130.8, and 130.30 must be paid when service is provided (for example when live animals are inspected when presented for importation at a port of entry), unless APHIS determines that the user has established an acceptable credit history, at which time payment may, at the option of the user, be made when billed.
(d)What payment methods are acceptable? Payment must be for the exact amount due and may be paid by:
(1) Cash, will be accepted only during normal business hours if payment is made at an APHIS office 7/> or an Animal Import Center;
7 A list of APHIS offices and Animal Import Centers that accept cash or credit cards may be obtained from the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, Veterinary Services, National Center for Import and Export, 4700 River Road Unit 38, Riverdale, MD 20738-1231.
(4) Credit cards (VISA TM and MasterCard TM) if payment is made at an Animal Import Center or an APHIS office that is equipped to process credit cards. 7
Title 9 published on 17-Apr-2018 04:19
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 9 CFR Part 130 after this date.
- 9 CFR 130.11 — User Fees for Inspecting and Approving Import/Export Facilities and Establishments.
- 9 CFR 130.4 — User Fees for Processing Import Permit Applications.
- 9 CFR 130.51 — Penalties for Nonpayment or Late Payment.
- 9 CFR 130.7 — User Fees for Import or Entry Services for Live Animals at Land Border Ports Along the United States-Canada Border.
- 9 CFR 130.6 — User Fees for Inspection of Live Animals at Land Border Ports Along the United States-Mexico Border.
- 9 CFR 130.15 — User Fees for Veterinary Diagnostic Isolation and Identification Tests Performed at NVSL (Excluding FADDL) or Other Authorized Site.
- 9 CFR 130.18 — User Fees for Veterinary Diagnostic Reagents Produced at NVSL or Other Authorized Site (Excluding FADDL).
- 9 CFR 130.19 — User Fees for Other Veterinary Diagnostic Services or Materials Provided at NVSL (Excluding FADDL).
- 9 CFR 130.17 — User Fees for Other Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory Tests Performed at NVSL (Excluding FADDL) or at Authorized Sites.
- 9 CFR 130.14 — User Fees for FADDL Veterinary Diagnostics.
- 9 CFR 130.2 — User Fees for Individual Animals and Certain Birds Quarantined in the APHIS-owned or -Operated Quarantine Facilities, Including APHIS Animal Import Centers.
- 9 CFR 130.16 — User Fees for Veterinary Diagnostic Serology Tests Performed at NVSL (Excluding FADDL) or at Authorized Sites.
- 9 CFR 130.3 — User Fees for Exclusive Use of Space at APHIS Animal Import Centers.
- 9 CFR 130.30 — Hourly Rate and Minimum User Fees.
- 9 CFR 130.8 — User Fees for Other Services.
- 9 CFR 130.10 — User Fees for Pet Birds.
- 9 CFR 130.5 — User Fees for Services at Privately Owned Permanent and Temporary Import Quarantine Facilities.