9 CFR 2.76 - Records: Operators of auction sales and brokers.
(a) Every operator of an auction sale or broker shall make, keep, and maintain records or forms which fully and correctly disclose the following information concerning each animal consigned for auction or sold, whether or not a fee or commission is charged:
(1) The name and address of the person who owned or consigned the animal(s) for sale;
(2) The name and address of the buyer or consignee who received the animal;
(4) The vehicle license number and State, and the driver's license number (or photographic identification card for nondrivers issued by a State) and State of the person, if he or she is not licensed or registered under the Act;
(5) The date of the consignment;
(7) A description of the animal which shall include:
(i) The species and breed or type of animal;
(ii) The sex of the animal; and
(iii) The date of birth or approximate age; and
(iv) The color and any distinctive markings;
(8) The auction sales number or records number assigned to the animal.
(b) One copy of the record containing the information required by paragraph (a) of this section shall be given to the consignor of each animal, one copy of the record shall be given to the purchaser of each animal: Provided, however, That information which indicates the source and date of consignment of any animal need not appear on the copy of the record given the purchaser of any animal. One copy of the record containing the information required by paragraph (a) of this section shall be retained by the operator of such auction sale, or broker, for each animal sold by the auction sale or broker.