9 CFR § 332.9 - Enforcement authority.
(a) To facilitate oversight and enforcement of this part, selected establishments operating under a cooperative interstate shipment program must, upon request, give the FSIS selected establishment coordinator or other FSIS officials access to all establishment records required under the Act and the implementing regulations in this chapter. The Administrator may deselect any selected establishment that refuses to comply with this paragraph.
(b) Selected establishment coordinators may initiate any appropriate enforcement action provided for in part 500 of this chapter if they determine that a selected establishment under their jurisdiction is operating in a manner that is inconsistent with the Act and the implementing regulations in this chapter. Selected establishments participating in a cooperative interstate shipment program are subject to the notification and appeal procedures set out in part 500 of this chapter.
(1) Provide an opportunity for the establishment to implement corrective actions and remain in the cooperative interstate shipment program, or
(2) Move to deselect the establishment as provided in § 332.10 of this part.
(d) The decision to deselect a selected establishment under a suspension will be made on a case-by-case basis. In making this decision, FSIS, in consultation with the State where the selected establishment is located, will consider, among other factors:
(1) The non-compliance that led to the suspension;
(2) The selected establishment's compliance history; and
(3) The corrective actions proposed by the selected establishment.