9 CFR 381.175 - Records required to be kept.
(a) Every person within any of the classes specified in paragraph (a) (1), (2), or (3) of this section is required by the Act to keep such records as are properly necessary for the effective enforcement of the Act:
(1) Any person that engages in the business of slaughtering any poultry or processing, freezing, packaging, or labeling any carcasses, or parts or products of carcasses, of any poultry, for commerce, for use as human food or animal food;
(2) Any person that engages in the business of buying or selling (as a poultry products broker, wholesaler, or otherwise) or transporting, in commerce, or storing in or for commerce, or importing, any carcasses, or parts or products of carcasses, of any poultry;
(3) Any person that engages in business, in or for commerce, as a renderer, or engages in the business of buying, selling, or transporting in commerce, or importing, any dead, dying, disabled, or diseased poultry or parts of the carcasses of any poultry that died otherwise than by slaughter.
(b) The required records are:
(1) Records, such as bills of sale, invoices, bills of lading, and receiving and shipping papers, giving the following information with respect to each transaction in which any poultry or poultry carcass, or part or product of a poultry carcass, is purchased, sold, shipped, received, transported, or otherwise handled by said person in connection with any business subject to the Act.
(ii) The net weight of the poultry or other articles;
(iii) The number of outside containers;
(v) The name and address of the consignee or receiver (if other than the buyer);
(vi) The method of shipment;
(vii) The date of shipment; and
(viii) The name and address of the carrier.
(3) Records of canning as required by subpart X of this part 381, of subchapter C, 9 CFR chapter III.
(4) Records of irradiation as required by sections 381.149 of this part.
(6) Records of all labeling, along with the product formula, processing procedures, and any additional documentation needed to support that the labels are consistent with the Federal meat and poultry regulations and policies on labeling, as prescribed in § 412.1 of this chapter.
Title 9 published on 14-Apr-2017 03:28
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 9 CFR Part 381 after this date.
- 9 CFR 381.10 — Exemptions for Specified Operations.
- 9 CFR 300.6 — Access to Establishments and Other Places of Business.
- 9 CFR 381.222 — States Designated Under Paragraph 5(c) of the Act; Application of Regulations.
- 9 CFR 381.178 — Access to and Inspection of Records, Facilities and Inventory; Copying and Sampling.
- 9 CFR 381.176 — Place of Maintenance of Records.