9 CFR 381.175 - Records required to be kept.
prev | next
(a) Every person within any of the classes specified in paragraph (a) (1), (2), or (3) of this section is required by the Act to keep such records as are properly necessary for the effective enforcement of the Act:
(1) Any person that engages in the business of slaughtering any poultry or processing, freezing, packaging, or labeling any carcasses, or parts or products of carcasses, of any poultry, for commerce, for use as human food or animal food;
(2) Any person that engages in the business of buying or selling (as a poultry products broker, wholesaler, or otherwise) or transporting, in commerce, or storing in or for commerce, or importing, any carcasses, or parts or products of carcasses, of any poultry;
(3) Any person that engages in business, in or for commerce, as a renderer, or engages in the business of buying, selling, or transporting in commerce, or importing, any dead, dying, disabled, or diseased poultry or parts of the carcasses of any poultry that died otherwise than by slaughter.
(1) Records, such as bills of sale, invoices, bills of lading, and receiving and shipping papers, giving the following information with respect to each transaction in which any poultry or poultry carcass, or part or product of a poultry carcass, is purchased, sold, shipped, received, transported, or otherwise handled by said person in connection with any business subject to the Act.
(iv) The name and address of the buyer of the poultry or other articles sold by such person, and the name and address of the seller of the poultry or other articles purchased by such person;
(2) Guaranties provided by suppliers of packaging materials under§ 381.144.
(3) Records of canning as required by subpart X of thispart 381, of subchapter C, 9 CFR chapter III.
(4) Records of irradiation as required bysections 381.149 of this part.
(6) Records of all labeling, along with the product formula, processing procedures, and any additional documentation needed to support that the labels are consistent with the Federal meat and poultry regulations and policies on labeling, as prescribed in§ 412.1 of this chapter.(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 0583-0015)
[37 FR 9706, May 16, 1972, as amended at 47 FR 746, Jan. 7, 1982; 49 FR 2236, Jan. 19, 1984; 51 FR 45633, Dec. 19, 1986; 57 FR 43600, Sept. 21, 1992; 58 FR 675, Jan. 6, 1993; 60 FR 67458, Dec. 29, 1995; 78 FR 66838, Nov. 7, 2013]
Title 9 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 9 CFR Part 381.