9 CFR 417.3 - Corrective actions.
(a) The written HACCP plan shall identify the corrective action to be followed in response to a deviation from a critical limit. The HACCP plan shall describe the corrective action to be taken, and assign responsibility for taking corrective action, to ensure:
(2) The CCP will be under control after the corrective action is taken;
(4) No product that is injurious to health or otherwise adulterated as a result of the deviation enters commerce.
(b) If a deviation not covered by a specified corrective action occurs, or if another unforeseen hazard arises, the establishment shall:
(1) Segregate and hold the affected product, at least until the requirements of paragraphs (b)(2) and (b)(3) of this section are met;
(3) Take action, when necessary, with respect to the affected product to ensure that no product that is injurious to health or otherwise adulterated, as a result of the deviation, enters commerce;
(4) Perform or obtain reassessment by an individual trained in accordance with § 417.7 of this part, to determine whether the newly identified deviation or other unforeseen hazard should be incorporated into the HACCP plan.
Title 9 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.