9 CFR 500.3 - Withholding action or suspension without prior notification.
(a) FSIS may take a withholding action or impose a suspension without providing the establishment prior notification because:
(2) The establishment does not have a HACCP plan as specified in § 417.2 of this chapter;
(3) The establishment does not have Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures as specified in §§ 416.11-416.12 of this chapter;
(4) Sanitary conditions are such that products in the establishment are or would be rendered adulterated;
(5) The establishment violated the terms of a regulatory control action;
(6) An establishment operator, officer, employee, or agent assaulted, threatened to assault, intimidated, or interfered with an FSIS employee; or
(7) The establishment did not destroy a condemned meat or poultry carcass, or part or product thereof, in accordance with part 314 or part 381, subpart L, of this chapter within three days of notification.
(b) FSIS also may impose a suspension without providing the establishment prior notification because the establishment is handling or slaughtering animals inhumanely.