(a) The FSIS Administrator may refuse to grant Federal inspection because an applicant:
(1) Does not have a HACCP plan as required by part 417 of this chapter;
(2) Does not have Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures as required by part 416 of this chapter;
(3) Has not demonstrated that adequate sanitary conditions exist in the establishment as required by part 308 or part 381, subpart H, and part 416 of this chapter;
(4) Has not demonstrated that livestock will be handled and slaughtered humanely; or
(5) Is unfit to engage in any business requiring inspection as specified in section 401 of the FMIA or section 18(a) of the PPIA.
(b) If the Administrator refuses to grant inspection, the applicant will be provided the opportunity for a hearing in accordance with the Uniform Rules of Practice, 7 CFR Subtitle A, part 1, subpart H.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.