9 CFR 590.955 - Labeling of shipping containers of eggs or egg products for importation.
(a) Shipping containers of foreign product which are shipped to the United States shall bear in a prominent and legible manner:
(1) The common or usual name of the product;
(2) The name of the country of origin;
(3) The plant number of the plant in which the egg product was processed and/or packed;
(4) The inspection mark of the country of origin;
(6) For shell eggs, the words “Keep refrigerated” or words of similar meaning.
(b) Labeling on shipping containers examined at the time of inspection in the United States, if found to be false or misleading, shall be cause for the product to be refused entry.
(d) In the case of products which are not in compliance solely because of misbranding, such products may be brought into compliance with the regulations only under the supervision of an authorized representative of the Administrator.