9 CFR 94.27 - Importation of whole cuts of boneless beef from Japan.
Meat, meat products, and other edible products derived from bovines, ovines, or caprines that are otherwise prohibited importation into the United States in accordance with § 94.18 through § 94.26 may transit air and ocean ports in the United States for immediate export if the conditions of paragraphs (a) through (c) this section are met. Meat, meat products, and other edible products derived from bovines, ovines, or caprines are eligible to transit the United States by overland transportation if the requirements of paragraphs (a) through (d) of this section are met:
(b) The person moving the articles must notify, in writing, the inspector at both the place in the United States where the articles will arrive and the port of export before such transit. Notification may be made using a U.S. Government electronic information exchange system or other authorized method. The notification must include the:
(1) Times and dates of arrival in the United States;
(2) Times and dates of exportation from the United States;
(3) Mode of transportation; and
(4) Serial numbers of the sealed containers.
(c) The articles must transit the United States in Customs bond.
(d) The commodities must be eligible to enter the United States in accordance with the provisions of this part and must be accompanied by the certification required by that section. Additionally, the following conditions must be met:
(1) The shipment must be exported from the United States within 7 days of its entry; and
(2) The commodities may not be transloaded while in the United States, except for direct transloading under the supervision of an authorized inspector, who must break the seals of the national government of the region of origin on the means of conveyance that carried the commodities into the United States and seal the means of conveyance that will carry the commodities out of the United States with seals of the U.S. Government.
Title 9 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 9 CFR Part 94 after this date.