Scope. A self-directed PAS option is designed to allow individuals, or their representatives, if applicable, to exercise decision-making authority in identifying, accessing, managing and purchasing their PAS. This authority includes, at a minimum, all of the following:
(1) The purchase of PAS and supports for PAS.
(2) Recruiting workers.
(3) Hiring and discharging workers.
(4) Training workers and accessing training provided by or through the State if additional worker training is required or desired by the participant, or participant's representative, if applicable.
(5) Specifying worker qualifications.
(6) Determining worker duties.
(7) Scheduling workers.
(8) Supervising workers.
(9) Evaluating worker performance.
(10) Determining the amount paid for a service, support or item.
(11) Scheduling when services are provided.
(12) Identifying service workers.
(13) Reviewing and approving invoices.
42 CFR § 441.450
Basis. This subpart implements section 1915(j) of the Act concerning the self-directed personal assistance services (PAS) option through a State Plan.