Renal dialysis services.
Renal dialysis services. Effective January 1, 2011, the following items and services are considered renal dialysis services, and paid under the ESRD prospective payment system under section 1881(14) of the Act:
(1) Items and services included in the composite rate for renal dialysis services as of December 31, 2010;
(2) Erythropoiesis stimulating agents and any oral form of such agents that are furnished to individuals for the treatment of ESRD;
(3) Other drugs and biologicals that are furnished to individuals for the treatment of ESRD and for which payment was (prior to January 1, 2011) made separately under Title XVIII of the Act (including drugs and biologicals with only an oral form),
(4) Diagnostic laboratory tests and other items and services not described in paragraph (1) of this definition that are furnished to individuals for the treatment of ESRD.
(5) Renal dialysis services do not include those services that are not essential for the delivery of maintenance dialysis.
42 CFR § 413.171
For purposes of this subpart, the following definitions apply: