Placement means the hiring by a public or private employer of an individual referred by the ES office for a job or an interview, provided that the employment office completed all of the following steps:
(1) Prepared a job order form prior to referral, except in the case of a job development contact on behalf of a specific participant;
(2) Made prior arrangements with the employer for the referral of an individual or individuals;
(3) Referred an individual who had not been specifically designated by the employer, except for referrals on agricultural job orders for a specific crew leader or worker;
(4) Verified from a reliable source, preferably the employer, that the individual had entered on a job; and
(5) Appropriately recorded the placement.
20 CFR § 651.10
In addition to the definitions set forth in sec. 3 of WIOA, the following definitions apply to the regulations in parts 652, 653, 654, and 658 of this chapter: