Gift means a payment, advance, forbearance, rendering, free attendance at an event, deposit of money, or anything of value, unless consideration of equal or greater value is received by the donor, but does not include:
(1) Bequests and other forms of inheritance;
(2) Suitable mementos of a function honoring the reporting individual;
(3) Food, lodging, transportation, and entertainment provided by a foreign government within a foreign country or by the United States Government, the District of Columbia, or a State or local government or political subdivision thereof;
(4) Food and beverages, unless they are consumed in connection with a gift of overnight lodging;
(5) Communications to the offices of a reporting individual, including subscriptions to newspapers and periodicals;
(6) Consumable products provided by home-state businesses to the offices of the President or Vice President, if those products are intended for consumption by persons other than the President or Vice President; or
(7) Exclusions and exceptions as described at § 2634.304(c) and (d).