Nonmetallic mineral means any of the following minerals or any mixture of which the majority is any of the following minerals:
(1) Crushed and Broken Stone, including Limestone, Dolomite, Granite, Traprock, Sandstone, Quartz, Quartzite, Marl, Marble, Slate, Shale, Oil Shale, and Shell.
(2) Sand and Gravel.
(3) Clay including Kaolin, Fireclay, Bentonite, Fuller's Earth, Ball Clay, and Common Clay.
(4) Rock Salt.
(5) Gypsum (natural or synthetic).
(6) Sodium Compounds, including Sodium Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, and Sodium Sulfate.
(9) Talc and Pyrophyllite.
(10) Boron, including Borax, Kernite, and Colemanite.
(18) Kyanite, including Andalusite, Sillimanite, Topaz, and Dumortierite.
40 CFR § 60.671
All terms used in this subpart, but not specifically defined in this section, shall have the meaning given them in the Act and in subpart A of this part.