Intermodal equipment providers.
Intermodal equipment providers. On and after December 17, 2009, the rules in the following provisions of this subchapter apply to intermodal equipment providers:
(1) Subpart F, Intermodal Equipment Providers, of part 385 of this chapter, Safety Fitness Procedures.
(2) Part 386 of this chapter, Rules of Practice for Motor Carrier, Intermodal Equipment Provider, Broker, Freight Forwarder, and Hazardous Materials Proceedings.
(3) This part, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations; General, except § 390.15(b) concerning accident registers.
(4) Part 393 of this chapter, Parts and Accessories Necessary for Safe Operation.
(5) Part 396 of this chapter, Inspection, Repair, and Maintenance.
49 CFR § 390.3T
(1) The rules in this subchapter are applicable to all employers, employees, and commercial motor vehicles that transport property or passengers in interstate commerce.
(2) The rules in 49 CFR 386.12(c) and 390.6 prohibiting the coercion of drivers of commercial motor vehicles operating in interstate commerce:
(i) To violate certain safety regulations are applicable to all motor carriers, shippers, receivers, and transportation intermediaries; and
(ii) To violate certain commercial regulations are applicable to all operators of commercial motor vehicles.