Community mental health center
Community mental health center (CMHC) means an entity that -
(1) Provides outpatient services, including specialized outpatient services for children, the elderly, individuals who are chronically mentally ill, and residents of its mental health service area who have been discharged from inpatient treatment at a mental health facility;
(2) Provides 24-hour-a-day emergency care services;
(3) Provides day treatment or other partial hospitalization services, or psychosocial rehabilitation services;
(4) Provides screening for patients being considered for admission to State mental health facilities to determine the appropriateness of this admission;
(5) Meets applicable licensing or certification requirements for CMHCs in the State in which it is located; and
(6) Provides at least 40 percent of its services to individuals who are not eligible for benefits under title XVIII of the Social Security Act.