Supplier means any of the following entities that have in effect an agreement to participate in Medicare:
(1) An independent laboratory.
(2) Supplier of durable medical equipment prosthetics, orthotics, or supplies (DMEPOS).
(3) Ambulance service provider.
(4) Independent diagnostic testing facility.
(5) Physician or other practitioner such as physician assistant.
(6) Physical therapist in independent practice.
(7) Supplier of portable X-ray services.
(8) Rural health clinic (RHC).
(9) Federally qualified health center (FQHC).
(10) Ambulatory surgical center (ASC).
(11) An entity approved by CMS to furnish outpatient diabetes self-management training.
(12) End-stage renal disease (ESRD) treatment facility that is approved by CMS as meeting the conditions for coverage of its services.
(13) A site approved by CMS to furnish intensive cardiac rehabilitation services.