(1) An executive agency as defined by 5 U.S.C. 105, including the United States Postal Service and the United States Postal Rate Commission;
(2) A military department as defined in 5 U.S.C. 102;
(3) An agency or court of the judicial branch, including a court as defined in 28 U.S.C. 610, the District Court for the Northern Mariana Islands, and the Judicial Panel on Multi-district Litigation;
(4) An agency of the legislative branch, including the United States Senate and the United States House of Representatives; or
(5) Other independent establishments that are entities of the Federal Government.
12 CFR § 1408.37
In this subpart, the following definitions shall apply: