Wastewater means water that is discarded from an MCPU or control device through a POD and that contains either: an annual average concentration of compounds in tables 8 and 9 to this subpart of at least 5 ppmw and has an annual average flowrate of 0.02 liters per minute or greater; or an annual average concentration of compounds in tables 8 and 9 to this subpart of at least 10,000 ppmw at any flowrate. Wastewater means process wastewater or maintenance wastewater. The following are not considered wastewater for the purposes of this subpart:
(1) Stormwater from segregated sewers;
(2) Water from fire-fighting and deluge systems, including testing of such systems;
(4) Water from safety showers;
(5) Samples of a size not greater than reasonably necessary for the method of analysis that is used;
(6) Equipment leaks;
(7) Wastewater drips from procedures such as disconnecting hoses after cleaning lines; and
(8) Noncontact cooling water.
40 CFR § 63.2550
For an affected source complying with the requirements in subpart SS of this part 63, the terms used in this subpart and in subpart SS of this part 63 have the meaning given them in 63.981, except as specified in 63.2450(k)(2) and (m), 63.2470(c)(2), 63.2475(b), and paragraph (i) of this section.