Default. The failure of a borrower and endorser, if any, or joint borrowers on a PLUS or Consolidation loan, to make an installment payment when due, or to meet other terms of the promissory note, the Act, or regulations as applicable, if the Secretary or guaranty agency finds it reasonable to conclude that the borrower and endorser, if any, no longer intend to honor the obligation to repay, provided that this failure persists for -
(1) 270 days for a loan repayable in monthly installments; or
(2) 330 days for a loan repayable in less frequent installments.
34 CFR § 682.200
(1) The definitions of the following terms used in this part are set forth in the Student Assistance General Provisions, 34 CFR part 668:
(2) The following definitions are set forth in the regulations for Institutional Eligibility under the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, 34 CFR part 600:
(3) The definition for cost of attendance is set forth in section 472 of the Act, as amended.