(1) The Secretary may, at any time, terminate the provisions of this subpart by giving at least one day's notice by means of a press release or in any other manner which he may determine.
(2) The Secretary may terminate or suspend the operation of any or all of the provisions of this subpart, whenever he finds that such provisions do not tend to effectuate the declared policy of the act.
(3) The Secretary shall terminate the provisions of this subpart at the end of any marketing year whenever he finds that such termination is favored by a majority of the producers of walnuts who during the preceding marketing year have been engaged in the production for market of walnuts in the State of California: Provided, That such majority have during such period produced for market more than 50 percent of the volume of such walnuts produced for market within said States, but such termination shall be effected only if announced on or before July 1 of the then current marketing year.
(4) Within six years of the effective date of this amendment the Secretary shall conduct a referendum to ascertain whether continuance of this part is favored by producers. Subsequent referenda to ascertain continuance shall be conducted every six years thereafter. The Secretary may terminate the provisions of this part at the end of any fiscal period in which the Secretary has found that continuance of this part is not favored by a two-thirds ( 2/3) majority of voting producers, or a two-thirds ( 2/3) majority of volume represented thereby, who, during a representative period determined by the Secretary, have been engaged in the production for market of walnuts in the production area. Such termination shall be announced on or before the end of the production year.
(5) The provisions of this subpart shall, in any event, terminate whenever the provisions of the act authorizing them cease to be in effect.
7 CFR § 984.89
Effective time. The provisions of this subpart shall become effective at such time as the Secretary may declare above his signature attached to this subpart, and shall continue in force until terminated in one of the ways hereinafter specified.