Unit of measure
Unit of measure means:
(1) For all insurable crops, the FCIC established unit of measure;
(2) For all noninsurable crops, if available, the established unit of measure used for the NAP price and yield;
(3) For aquatic species, a standard unit of measure such as gallons, pounds, inches or pieces, established by the FSA State committee for all aquatic species or varieties;
(4) For turfgrass sod, a square yard;
(5) For maple sap, a gallon; and
(6) For all other crops, the smallest unit of measure that lends itself to the greatest level of accuracy, as determined by the FSA State committee.
7 CFR § 760.602
The following definitions apply to all determinations made under this subpart.