Advanced biofuel. A fuel that is derived from renewable biomass, other than corn kernel starch, to include:
(1) Biofuel derived from cellulose, hemicellulose, or lignin;
(2) Biofuel derived from sugar and starch (other than ethanol derived from corn kernel starch);
(3) Biofuel derived from waste material, including crop residue, other vegetative waste material, animal waste, food waste, and yard waste;
(4) Diesel-equivalent fuel derived from renewable biomass, including vegetable oil and animal fat;
(5) Biogas (including landfill gas and sewage waste treatment gas) produced through the conversion of organic matter from renewable biomass;
(6) Butanol or other alcohols produced through the conversion of organic matter from renewable biomass; or
(7) Other fuel derived from cellulosic biomass.
7 CFR § 4288.102
The definitions set forth in this section are applicable for all purposes of program administration under this subpart.