WTO GPA country construction material
WTO GPA country construction material means a construction material that -
(1) Is wholly the growth, product, or manufacture of a WTO GPA country; or
(2) In the case of a construction material that consists in whole or in part of materials from another country, has been substantially transformed in a WTO GPA country into a new and different construction material distinct from the materials from which it was transformed.
(b) Construction materials.
(1) The restrictions of section 1605 of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (Pub. L. 111-5) (Recovery Act) do not apply to Recovery Act designated country manufactured construction material. The restrictions of the Buy American statute do not apply to designated country unmanufactured construction material. Consistent with U.S. obligations under international agreements, this clause implements -
(i) Section 1605 of the Recovery Act by requiring, unless an exception applies, that all manufactured construction material in the project is manufactured in the United States and, if the construction material consists wholly or predominantly of iron or steel, the iron or steel was produced in the United States (produced in the United States means that all manufacturing processes of the iron or steel must take place in the United States, except metallurgical processes involving refinement of steel additives); and
(ii) The Buy American statute by providing a preference for unmanufactured construction material mined or produced in the United States over unmanufactured construction material mined or produced in a nondesignated country.
(2) The Contractor shall use only domestic construction material, Recovery Act designated country manufactured construction material, or designated country unmanufactured construction material in performing this contract, except as provided in paragraphs (b)(3) and (b)(4) of this clause.
(3) The requirement in paragraph (b)(2) of this clause does not apply to the construction materials or components listed by the Government as follows: