Definition. Special termination costs, as used in this clause, means only costs in the following categories as defined in part 31 of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) -
(1) Severance pay, as provided in FAR 31.205-6(g);
(2) Reasonable costs continuing after termination, as provided in FAR 31.205-42(b);
(3) Settlement of expenses, as provided in FAR 31.205-42(g);
(4) Costs of return of field service personnel from sites, as provided in FAR 31.205-35 and FAR 31.205-46(c); and
(5) Costs in paragraphs (a) (1), (2), (3), and (4) of this clause to which subcontractors may be entitled in the event of termination.