Caribbean Basin country end product
Caribbean Basin country end product -
(1) Means an article that -
(A) Is wholly the growth, product, or manufacture of a Caribbean Basin country; or
(B) In the case of an article that consists in whole or in part of materials from another country, has been substantially transformed in a Caribbean Basin country into a new and different article of commerce with a name, character, or use distinct from that of the article or articles from which it was transformed; and
(ii) Is not excluded from duty-free treatment for Caribbean countries under 19 U.S.C. 2703(b).
(A) For this reason, the following articles are not Caribbean Basin country end products:
(1) Tuna, prepared or preserved in any manner in airtight containers.
(2) Petroleum, or any product derived from petroleum.
(3) Watches and watch parts (including cases, bracelets, and straps) of whatever type including, but not limited to, mechanical, quartz digital, or quartz analog, if such watches or watch parts contain any material that is the product of any country to which the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (HTSUS) column 2 rates of duty apply (i.e., Afghanistan, Cuba, Laos, North Korea, and Vietnam).
(4) Certain of the following: textiles and apparel articles; footwear, handbags, luggage, flat goods, work gloves, and leather wearing apparel; or handloomed, handmade, and folklore articles.
(B) Access to the HTSUS to determine duty-free status of articles of the types listed in paragraph (1)(ii)(A)(4) of this definition is available via the Internet at https://usitc.gov/tata/hts/index.htm. In particular, see the following:
(1) General Note 3(c), Products Eligible for Special Tariff treatment.
(2) General Note 17, Products of Countries Designated as Beneficiary Countries under the United States-Caribbean Basin Trade Partnership Act of 2000.
(3) Section XXII, Chapter 98, Subchapter II, Articles Exported and Returned, Advanced or Improved Abroad, U.S. Note 7(b).
(4) Section XXII, Chapter 98, Subchapter XX, Goods Eligible for Special Tariff Benefits under the United States-Caribbean Basin Trade Partnership Act; and
(2) Refers to a product offered for purchase under a supply contract, but for purposes of calculating the value of the acquisition, includes services (except transportation services) incidental to the article, provided that the value of those incidental services does not exceed that of the article itself.