Planned or proposed airport
Planned or proposed airport is an airport that is the subject of at least one of the following documents received by the FAA:
(1) Airport proposals submitted under 14 CFR part 157.
(2) Airport Improvement Program requests for aid.
(3) Notices of existing airports where prior notice of the airport construction or alteration was not provided as required by 14 CFR part 157.
(4) Airport layout plans.
(5) DOD proposals for airports used only by the U.S. Armed Forces.
(6) DOD proposals on joint-use (civil-military) airports.
(7) Completed airport site selection feasibility study.
14 CFR § 77.3
For the purpose of this part: