(1) An executive agency as defined by 5 U.S.C. 105;
(2) A military department as defined by 5 U.S.C. 102;
(3) The United States Postal Service and the Postal Rate Commission;
(4) An agency of the judicial branch, including a court as defined by 28 U.S.C. 610, the District Court for the Northern Mariana Islands, and the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation;
(5) An agency of the legislative branch, including the U.S. Senate and the U.S. House of Representatives; and
(6) Other entities that are establishments of the federal government.
28 CFR § 11.6
Except where the context clearly indicates otherwise or where the term is otherwise defined elsewhere in this subpart, the following definitions shall apply to this subpart.