Preferred Mortgage means a mortgage on a Fishing Industry Vessel that has as the Mortgagee:
(1) A person eligible to own a vessel with a fishery endorsement under 46 U.S.C. 12102(c);
(2) A state or federally chartered financial institution that is insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation;
(3) A farm credit lender established under title 12, chapter 23, of the United States Code [12 U.S.C. 2001 et seq.];
(4) A commercial fishing and agriculture bank established pursuant to State law;
(5) A commercial lender organized under the laws of the United States or of a State and eligible to own a vessel under 46 U.S.C. 12102(a); or
(6) A Mortgage Trustee that complies with the requirements of 46 U.S.C. 31322(f) and 4646 CFR 356.27 through 356.31.
(v) Related Party means a holding company, subsidiary, affiliate, or associate of a Non-Citizen or an officer, director, agent, or other executive of the Non-Citizen or of a holding company, subsidiary, affiliate or associate thereof.
(w) State means a State of the United States, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and any other territory or possession of the United States.
(x) Submitted means sent by mail and postmarked on that date, or sent by another delivery service or by electronic means, including E-mail and facsimile, and marked with an indication of the date equivalent to a postmark;
(y) Trust means:
(1) In the case of ownership of a Fishing Industry Vessel, a trust that is domiciled in and existing under the laws of the United States or of a State, of which the Trustee is a Citizen of the United States, and 100% of the interest in the Trust is held for the benefit of a Citizen of the United States; or
(2) In the case of a mortgage trust, a trust that is domiciled in and existing under the laws of the United States, or of a State, that has as its trustee a Mortgage Trustee as defined in this section, and that is authorized to act on behalf of a beneficiary in accordance with the requirements of §§ 356.27 through 356.31.
46 CFR § 356.3
For the purpose of this part, when used in capitalized form: