Machinery space means a space, including a trunk, alleyway, stairway, or duct to such a space, that contains -
(1) Propulsion machinery of any type;
(2) Steam or internal combustion machinery;
(3) Oil transfer equipment;
(4) Electrical motors of more than 10 hp;
(5) One or more oil-fired boilers or heaters; or
(6) Electrical generating machinery.
46 CFR § 114.400
Terms used in this subchapter are defined in paragraph (b) of this section. The number in parenthesis after certain terms describing areas on a vessel refers to the applicable column and row number where that area is listed in Tables 116.415 (b) and (c) of part 116 of this subchapter.