Well-known seasoned issuer.
Well-known seasoned issuer. A well-known seasoned issuer is an issuer that, as of the most recent determination date determined pursuant to paragraph of this definition:
(i) Meets all the registrant requirements of General Instruction I.A. of Form S-3 or Form F-3 (§ 239.13 or § 239.33 of this chapter), or General Instructions A.2.a and A.2.b of Form N-2 (§§ 239.14 and 274.11a-1 of this chapter) and either:
(A) As of a date within 60 days of the determination date, has a worldwide market value of its outstanding voting and non-voting common equity held by non-affiliates of $700 million or more; or
(B)(1) As of a date within 60 days of the determination date, has issued in the last three years at least $1 billion aggregate principal amount of non-convertible securities, other than common equity, in primary offerings for cash, not exchange, registered under the Act; and
(2) Will register only non-convertible securities, other than common equity, and full and unconditional guarantees permitted pursuant to paragraph (1)(ii) of this definition unless, at the determination date, the issuer also is eligible to register a primary offering of its securities relying on General Instruction I.B.1. of Form S-3 or Form F-3 or is eligible to register a primary offering described in General Instruction I.B.1. of Form S-3 relying on General Instruction A.2 of Form N-2.
(3) Provided that as to a parent issuer only, for purposes of calculating the aggregate principal amount of outstanding non-convertible securities under paragraph (1)(i)(B)(1) of this definition, the parent issuer may include the aggregate principal amount of non-convertible securities, other than common equity, of its majority-owned subsidiaries issued in registered primary offerings for cash, not exchange, that it has fully and unconditionally guaranteed, within the meaning of Rule 3-10 of Regulation S-X (§ 210.3-10 of this chapter) in the last three years; or
(ii) Is a majority-owned subsidiary of a parent that is a well-known seasoned issuer pursuant to paragraph (1)(i) of this definition and, as to the subsidiaries' securities that are being or may be offered on that parent's registration statement:
(A) The parent has provided a full and unconditional guarantee, as defined in Rule 3-10 of Regulation S-X, of the payment obligations on the subsidiary's securities and the securities are non-convertible securities, other than common equity;
(B) The securities are guarantees of:
(1) Non-convertible securities, other than common equity, of its parent being registered; or
(2) Non-convertible securities, other than common equity, of another majority-owned subsidiary being registered where there is a full and unconditional guarantee, as defined in Rule 3-10 of Regulation S-X, of such non-convertible securities by the parent; or
(C) The securities of the majority-owned subsidiary meet the conditions of General Instruction I.B.2 of Form S-3 or Form F-3.
(iii) Is not an ineligible issuer as defined in this section.
(iv) Is not an asset-backed issuer as defined in Item 1101 of Regulation AB (§ 229.1101(b) of this chapter).
(v) Is not an investment company registered under the Investment Company Act of 1940 (15 U.S.C. 80a-1 et seq.), other than a registered closed-end investment company.
(2) For purposes of this definition, the determination date as to whether an issuer is a well-known seasoned issuer shall be the latest of:
(i) The time of filing of its most recent shelf registration statement; or
(ii) The time of its most recent amendment (by post-effective amendment, incorporated report filed pursuant to section 13 or 15(d) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (15 U.S.C. 78m or 78o(d) of this chapter), or form of prospectus) to a shelf registration statement for purposes of complying with section 10(a)(3) of the Act (or if such amendment has not been made within the time period required by section 10(a)(3) of the Act, the date on which such amendment is required); or
(iii) In the event that the issuer has not filed a shelf registration statement or amended a shelf registration statement for purposes of complying with section 10(a)(3) of the Act for sixteen months, the time of filing of the issuer's most recent annual report on Form 10-K (§ 249.310 of this chapter), Form 20-F (§ 249.220f of this chapter), or Form N-CSR (§§ 249.331 and 274.128 of this chapter) (or if such report has not been filed by its due date, such due date).