(1) Items accepted. Payment shall be made for items accepted by the Government that have been delivered to the delivery destinations set forth in this contract.
(2) Prompt payment. The Government will make payment in accordance with the Prompt Payment Act (31 U.S.C. 3903) and prompt payment regulations at 5 CFR part 1315.
(3) Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). If the Government makes payment by EFT, see 52.212-5(b) for the appropriate EFT clause.
(4) Discount. In connection with any discount offered for early payment, time shall be computed from the date of the invoice. For the purpose of computing the discount earned, payment shall be considered to have been made on the date which appears on the payment check or the specified payment date if an electronic funds transfer payment is made.
(5) Overpayments. If the Contractor becomes aware of a duplicate contract financing or invoice payment or that the Government has otherwise overpaid on a contract financing or invoice payment, the Contractor shall -
(i) Remit the overpayment amount to the payment office cited in the contract along with a description of the overpayment including the -
(A) Circumstances of the overpayment (e.g., duplicate payment, erroneous payment, liquidation errors, date(s) of overpayment);
(B) Affected contract number and delivery order number, if applicable;
(C) Affected line item or subline item, if applicable; and
(D) Contractor point of contact.
(ii) Provide a copy of the remittance and supporting documentation to the Contracting Officer.
(i) All amounts that become payable by the Contractor to the Government under this contract shall bear simple interest from the date due until paid unless paid within 30 days of becoming due. The interest rate shall be the interest rate established by the Secretary of the Treasury as provided in 41 U.S.C. 7109, which is applicable to the period in which the amount becomes due, as provided in (i)(6)(v) of this clause, and then at the rate applicable for each six-month period as fixed by the Secretary until the amount is paid.
(ii) The Government may issue a demand for payment to the Contractor upon finding a debt is due under the contract.
(iii) Final decisions. The Contracting Officer will issue a final decision as required by 33.211 if -
(A) The Contracting Officer and the Contractor are unable to reach agreement on the existence or amount of a debt within 30 days;
(B) The Contractor fails to liquidate a debt previously demanded by the Contracting Officer within the timeline specified in the demand for payment unless the amounts were not repaid because the Contractor has requested an installment payment agreement; or
(C) The Contractor requests a deferment of collection on a debt previously demanded by the Contracting Officer (see 32.607-2).
(iv) If a demand for payment was previously issued for the debt, the demand for payment included in the final decision shall identify the same due date as the original demand for payment.
(v) Amounts shall be due at the earliest of the following dates:
(A) The date fixed under this contract.
(B) The date of the first written demand for payment, including any demand for payment resulting from a default termination.
(vi) The interest charge shall be computed for the actual number of calendar days involved beginning on the due date and ending on -
(A) The date on which the designated office receives payment from the Contractor;
(B) The date of issuance of a Government check to the Contractor from which an amount otherwise payable has been withheld as a credit against the contract debt; or
(C) The date on which an amount withheld and applied to the contract debt would otherwise have become payable to the Contractor.
(vii) The interest charge made under this clause may be reduced under the procedures prescribed in FAR 32.608-2 in effect on the date of this contract.